The Rijksmuseum will re-open on 1 June. All visitors need to book a start time, including Friends of the Rijksmuseum or Museum Card holders. This way we can enjoy the art together in a safe way.
Open daily 9 to 17h
Starting 1 June the Rijksmuseum will be open again on a daily basis. Opening hours are from 9 to 17h. The Rijksmuseum shop and the Café are open from 9:00 to 18:00. The Rijksmuseum Gardens are closed for now.
A very warm welcome to you as always, now with some new ways of doing things. There will be fewer people in the museum at any one time, for example, and extra attention for hygiene.
Start time and tickets
All visitors are required to book a start time. The ticket shop re-opens 21 May 9h.
- This applies to everyone, including Friends of the museum or with a Museum Card.
- The start time indicates the start of your visit.
- Once inside you can stay as long as you want during opening hours.
Start times and tickets will be available in phases starting 21 May. In the first phase, only tickets for visits in June are available. A maximum of 6 tickets can be booked per order. Unfortunately, we cannot welcome larger groups at this time.
- Adults: € 19,00
- Children aged 18 and under: free admission
- Friends of the Rijksmuseum: free admission
- Museumkaart holders, I Amsterdam City Card, members of ICOM, ICOMOS, the Rembrandt Association (Vereniging Rembrandt), KOG, Stadspas, VVAK, BankGiro Lottery VIP-Card: free admission
- Holders of EYCA: € 9,50
Special facilities and accessibility
See Accessibility for information regarding the accessibility of the museum and special facilities such as wheelchairs and rollators.
Operation Night Watch
Operation Night Watch has started in the Night Watch Gallery. It is the largest research and restoration project ever for The Night Watch. This is happening live in the museum and you can be part of it.
During Operation Night Watch the sculpture gallery behind the Night Watch Gallery will be closed.