Erik van Ginkel is the Rijksmuseum’s Director of Finance & Operations.
Curriculum Vitae and activities
Erik van Ginkel (born 1966) studied law at the University of Amsterdam. After obtaining his degree in 1991, he worked as a lawyer with ACTA, the joint Faculty of Dentistry of the University of Amsterdam and VU University Amsterdam. Starting in 1994 he was the official secretary of the Mondriaan Foundation, which provides financial support to the visual arts, design and museum activities. From 2000 to 2001 he worked as director of human resources at VBAT Enterprises in Amsterdam. In 2001 he was appointed to the post of deputy director of the Prince Bernhard Cultural Fund, the largest private cultural fund in the Netherlands. On 1 January 2006, he joined Museum Boijmans van Beuningen as the institution’s Director of Finance & Operations and Deputy Managing Director.
Erik van Ginkel has been the Rijksmuseum’s Director of Finance & Operations since 1 September 2011. He is responsible for the Business Sector, comprising the divisions of Information Technology, Commercial Affairs, Facilities, Finance, Human Resources and Security.
Mr Van Ginkel has held various ancillary positions. For instance, he was a member of the Amsterdam Arts Coalition, a member of the New Cultural Philanthropy working group, Chairman of the Board of the TransArtists Foundation and a member of the Amsterdam Arts Council.
- Vice Chairman Board Museumvereniging and Stichting Museumkaart
- Vice Chairman Fundación Han Nefkens, Barcelona
- Board member Codart
- Member Supervisory Board Stichting Nieuw Rosa Spier Huis
- Vice Chairman Supervisory Board Amsterdams Fonds voor de Kunst
- Board member Nederlandse Dansdagen
- Member Advisory Board Jacqueline van Tongeren Fonds, Rijksacademie Amsterdam
- Member Advisory Board Stichting Amsterdam Marketing