Bust of Dom Luis da Cunha, Jan Baptist Xavery, 1737
Da Cunha was the Portuguese ambassador in The Hague from 1728 to 1736. He then left for Paris, where he had previously served as well. This bust was completed only after Da Cunha’s departure from The Hague. As an expert on contemporary French art, Da Cunha was probably the most influential of Prince William IV’s artistic advisors.