1. All agreements are entered into between the purchaser and the private limited company Rijksmuseum E-commerce B.V. of Amsterdam (hereinafter referred to as 'the Rijksmuseum'), with its registered address at Hobbemastraat 20, 1071 ZC Amsterdam, the Netherlands, registered at the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce under file number: 34139949, VAT number: NL 8090 17 362 B01. Visitors to this website must accept the applicability of these terms and conditions and of the other rights and duties stated on this website.
2. All questions and comments intended for and other communication with the Rijksmuseum with regard to the items offered by the Rijksmuseum via this website can be directed to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Alternatively, you may write to the Rijksmuseum at the aforementioned address, clearly stating your name, address, telephone number and if possible e-mail address.
3. An order form that is completed in full and sent digitally by the purchaser to the Rijksmuseum by clicking on 'place order' ('bestelling plaatsen') in step 4 of the order process shall constitute an offer by the purchaser. The agreement between the purchaser and the Rijksmuseum shall be effected once the Rijksmuseum has sent an order confirmation with a description of the order to the purchaser by e-mail.
4. Payment must be made by credit card or bank transfer to the Rijksmuseum's bank account of the total amount shown in the invoice sent by the Rijksmuseum. While the Rijksmuseum reserves the right to complete credit card payment transactions according to its own discretion, the actual transactions shall be carried out by and under the responsibility of the credit card company concerned.
The following are included in the total amount paid by the purchaser: the purchase price of the item, the packing costs and the shipping costs by ordinary post to the address specified in the order (depending upon the dispatch address given).
5. The ordered items shall be packed such that the Rijksmuseum can guarantee that the items will be delivered undamaged. In the event that the wrong items are delivered or items are damaged upon delivery, the receiver must return the items to the Rijksmuseum as soon as possible and no later than 30 days after receipt of the items.
6. Items shall be shipped within two weeks of the order date. The purchaser has the right to terminate the agreement within seven days of receiving the ordered items without being required to provide reasons. In such cases, the purchaser shall return the ordered items to the Rijksmuseum, indicating his/her bank account number with the return shipment. The purchaser shall bear the costs of the return shipment. The Rijksmuseum will credit the purchase amount less the shipping costs to the purchaser within 30 days of receipt of the return shipment.
7. The prices quoted on this website are inclusive of VAT. The Rijksmuseum does not offer private parties the possibility, in any way, shape or form, of recovering the VAT charged for the items purchased, irrespective of whether said parties reside in or outside of the European Union.
8.1. Unless an extended delivery period has been agreed, the Rijksmuseum shall process accepted orders with due speed and within no more than 30 days. If an order is delayed, cannot be processed or can only be processed in part, the buyer shall receive notification of this within no more than one month of the date on which the order was placed. In this case, the buyer has the right to terminate the contract without owing any costs.
8.2. In the case of termination in accordance with the previous paragraph, the Rijksmuseum shall refund the amount paid by the buyer as soon as possible and no later than 30 days after termination of contract.
8.3. The Rijksmuseum shall be under no obligation to supply the item at a later date.
9. The agreement, as concluded by the purchaser and the Rijksmuseum, is governed by Dutch law. Any disputes relating to or arising from the agreement or any offers made by the Rijksmuseum will only be submitted to the competent court in the district of Amsterdam.
10. The Rijksmuseum and its affiliated enterprises consider it of great importance that the data of visitors to the Rijksmuseum website be handled with due care. Consequently, the Rijksmuseum website has been designed with a view to protecting your privacy to the greatest degree possible.
By placing an order, you grant the Rijksmuseum and/or an affiliated enterprise permission to inform you from time to time with regard to activities and products offered by the Rijksmuseum. However, you will always have the option to indicate that you do not wish to be sent any further information. In the event that you do not wish to receive any more information from the Rijksmuseum, you can cancel this service at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the case of payment by credit card or debit card via the website, the Rijksmuseum will submit the card data to the bank or credit card company, so that the transaction can be authorised and eventually completed. The Rijksmuseum will not supply your personal data to third parties without obtaining your express consent. In exceptional cases, the Rijksmuseum may call on third parties to provide certain services, such as the shipment of orders. In connection with this, certain personal data will have to be provided to third parties. However, this data will only be provided for the purpose specified and these third parties shall be obliged to treat the data as confidentially as the Rijksmuseum does.