'Masterpieces Never Sleep, sleep masks' inspired by Johannes Cornelisz Verspronck’s 'Portrait of a Girl Dressed in Blue', has won the Rijksstudio Award 2017, the Rijksmuseum's international design award.
And the winner is...
Masterpieces Never Sleep, sleep masks inspired by Johannes Cornelisz Verspronck’s Portrait of a Girl Dressed in Blue, has won the Rijksstudio Award 2017, the Rijksmuseum's international design award. The winner of the 2017 Rijksstudio Award is Masterpieces Never Sleep by Lesha Limonov.
Second prize, third prize and Public Award
Runners-up are Eden Condoms by Esther Pi & Timo Waag (2nd) and Plantstudie Hats by Jessie Hall (3rd). The Public Award winner is Delft Blue Eyes & Nails by Francine LeClercq & Ali Soltani. The Rijksstudio Award was presented today at a festive ceremony at the Rijksmuseum.
Top 10 (in alphabetical order)
- Pop Up Birds Book, Chiara Bianchini, Italy
- Temple Guardian Dance Performance, Melodie Briere, England
- Butter Dish, Rina Elman, Israel
- Plantstudie Hats, Jessie Hall, England
- Delft Blue Eyes + Nails, Francine LeClercq & Ali Soltani, USA
- Masterpieces Never Sleep, Lesha Limonov, Belarus
- Heron Lamp, Sergii Lysyi, Ukraine
- Eden Condoms, Esther Pi & Timo Waag, Spain
- Still Life Pixel + Metadata Dress, Andrea Wallace, Scotland
- The Night Watch Nightshirt, Oliver Watson, The Netherlands
International design competition
The Rijksmuseum will be awarding the Rijksstudio Award for the third time. The Rijksmuseum invites members of the public to draw inspiration from the Rijksmuseum collection, download images from Rijksstudio and use them to create their own artwork. Anyone can take part and all art forms and interpretations are allowed, from design, decorative arts and applied arts to fashion design, photography and video.
The artwork will be judged by an international panel of experts.
- Irma Boom, Director of Irma Boom Office
- Tony Chambers, Editor-in-Chief at Wallpaper
- Ingrid Chou, Associate Creative Director, The Museum of Modern Art
- Taco Dibbits, General Director of the Rijksmuseum (Jury President)
- Ute Thon, Chief Copy Editor, art - Das Kunstmagazin
- Thomas Widdershoven, director and designer at Thonik
Share your design for the 2017 Rijksstudio Award on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook using the #rijksstudio hashtag
Rijksstudio in a nutshell
With Rijksstudio everyone can use the images from the Rijksmuseum's collection free of charge to discover, collect, share, touch, ‘like’ and edit.
Thanks to our partners
Rijksstudio is made possible by the Rijksstudio Fonds/Rijksmuseum Fonds and the BankGiro Lottery
Please e-mail any questions or comments about the Rijksstudio Award to: email@example.com