In 2013 the Rijksmuseum organised the competition 'Make your own Masterpiece' for the first time. The best design won the Rijksstudio Award 2014.
Young designers win Rijksstudio Award with makeup line
The first Rijksstudio Award, commissioned by the Rijksmuseum, was taken home by the designer duo Asnate Bockis (1984) and Rogier Arents (1987). They were the resounding winners, selected unanimously from 820 entries by an international jury of designers, creatives and museum directors. The two young designers, graduates of the Design Academy Eindhoven, produced a makeup line inspired by five women from the Rijksmuseum collection.
The ten finalists for the Rijksstudio Award have been announced!
- Book 'Fifteen Servings à la Rijks' by Annelies Verbrugge Original entry (pdf)
- Silk scarf by Christina Brimage Original entry (pdf)
- Wallpaper collection by Ottoline de Vries Original entry (pdf)
- Dutch light bone China by Coen Mulder and Monique Willemse Original entry (pdf)
- Playing with tradition by Richard Hutten Original entry (pdf)
- Masterhat by Joost van Bergen, Dirk Schlebusch and Onne Walsmit Original entry (pdf)
- The milkmaid’s jug pouring light by Merel Kamp Original entry (pdf)
- Delft Blue Hat by Josh Moll Original entry (pdf)
- Rijks Muse Make up by Asnate Bockis and Rogier Arents Original entry (pdf)
- The Milkmaid as Eau de Toilette by Spyros Drosopoulus Original entry (pdf)