Nicole Brüderle is Junior Curator Glass
Curriculum vitae and work
After my study in art history and medieval and early modern history at the Georg-August-Universität in Göttingen, I wrote my PhD thesis about Childbedpresents – Origin, Form and Function of applied art objects as presents to mothers of newly born babies.
From 2009 to 2011 I worked as a scientific volunteer at the Herzog Anton Ulrich-Museum in Braunschweig. During this time I formulated and organized a special exhibition about ducal table culture in the Renaissance and I was also involved with the new permanent exhibition in the department of applied arts. Following this, I worked as a scientific employee at the Herzog Anton Ulrich-Museum for another two years. As the head and coordinator of an interdisciplinary research glass project in cooperation with the University of Göttingen and other acadamic institutions, I studied a lot of different glass objects from the 15th to the 20th centuries and their significant characteristics. The results of the investigations were published in a collection catalogue in 2013.
Since April 2014 I work as Junior Curator of Glass in the Rijksmuseum., which has a fantastic national and international important glass collection.
- Von Hainhofer geliefert? – Das sog. Kindbettpräsent im Herzog Anton Ulrich-Museum Braunschweig (Delivered by Hainhofer? - The so-called maternity gift at the Herzog Anton Ulrich museum in Braunschweig), in: Wolfenbütteler Barock-Nachrichten, vol. 39, 2nd issue, 2013, pp. 51-62
- Gläser des 16. bis 19. Jahrhunderts (Glasses of the 16th-19th centuries), published by Jochen Luckhardt and Carsten-Peter Warncke, collection catalogues of the Herzog Anton Ulrich museum in Braunschweig, vol. 17, Petersberg 2013
- Aufgetischt. Die herzogliche Tafel der Renaissance (Dished up. The ducal table during the Renaissance), exhibition by the Herzog Anton Ulrich museum in the bower of Dankwarderode castle, Braunschweig from 1 April until 10 July 2011, Braunschweig 2011
- Braunschweiger Tafelkultur (Dining culture at Braunschweig), in: Patrimonia, published by the Cultural Foundation of the Länder, issue 350, Berlin 2010, pp. 98-106
- Kindbettgeschenke – Untersuchungen zu Ursprung, Form und Funktion von kunstgewerblichen Objekten als Gaben an die Mutter nach der Geburt (Maternity gifts - Research into origin, form and function of applied arts objects as a gift for mothers after childbirth), inaug. diss. (typewritten), Göttingen 2009 (publication projected)
- Steinlegearbeiten von Johann Leonhard Franck im Herzogtum Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel (Stonesetting works by Johann Leonhard Franck in the duchy of Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel), in: 250 Jahre Museum. Von den fürstlichen Sammlungen zum Museum der Aufklärung (250 years as a museum. From the duke's collections to a museum of Enlightenment), exhibition by the Herzog Anton Ulrich museum at Dankwaderode Castle, Braunschweig, from 29 April until 22 August 2004, Munich 2004, pp. 199-201