Groups of 15 visitors or more are welcome in the Rijksmuseum, but all groups are required to make a group booking online prior to the museum visit so we are aware of your arrival.
Visit the museum as a group
Visit without a tour
Are you planning to visit the Rijksmuseum with a group of 15 people or more and you are not looking for a program that the museum offers and you do not have your own tour guide? Then please make a regular group booking online.
Book here your group tickets for the museum.
Visit with group tour
With a Rijksmuseum tour guide
Are coming with a group of 15 people or more and you want to follow a tour organised by the Rijksmuseum?
With your own tour guide
You can also visit the museum with your own tour guide. This visit must also be registered. You can do that here.
Operation Night Watch
Rijksmuseum visitors will be invited to watch the restoration of The Night Watch, Rembrandt’s most celebrated masterpiece next year. The project will begin 8 July 2019 and the public will be able to watch the entire process at the museum in a glass chamber.
Visits from 8 July 2019
From 8 July the comprehensive investigation of The Night Watch will start. From this day the painting will be on display in a glass chamber. To lead everything in the right direction, the right side of the glass chamber will be accessible for children only. The left side and space in front of the chamber will be accessible for group visits. Please take the other groups and indevidual visitor into account when visiting the Night Watch Gallery, so everyone can experience the restoration.
Follow this page and stay up to date with Operation Night Watch.
For the tour guide, here are some tips and points for attention in the Rijksmuseum
- Take the printed tickets with you.
- Report with the complete group at the entrance in the Passage.
- Tools (stool, walking stick, walker or wheelchair) can be collected at the Information Desk in the Atrium.
- Backpacks are not allowed in the museum. You can hand these in at the group cloakroom.
- Stay together as a group.
- Take individual visitors into account.
- Try not to block the view of artworks for other visitors.
- These departments are usually less busy compared to the main galleries: Special Collections, 18th century, Asian Pavilion.
- Check the temporary exhibitions