Galerie du Palais, Abraham Bosse, 1637 - 1638
With over 200 shops the Galerie du Palais was the epicentre of luxury merchandise in Paris and the place par excellence for well-to-do people to meet. At the left is a bookshop, while at the right people gape at lingerie, lace collars and cuffs. The centre shop sells fans, gloves, and accessories. A number of ladies wear a short and very fashionable pearl necklace.