Hedwig beaker, anoniem, c. 1100 - c. 1199
This is one of sixteen extant Hedwig glasses, a type of beaker named after Saint Hedwig of Silesia (1174–1234), who owned two of them. According to an inscription on the bottom of this glass, it belonged a German count in 1643. The glass was then thought to be a thousand years old. In fact, it probably originated in the 12th century and was made in Sicily.