Tile panel with the tile and pottery factory in Bolsward, anoniem, c. 1745 - c. 1765
This large panel was made to commemorate the founding of the tile and pottery factory in Bolsward in 1737. It shows a section through a factory, with the stokers, the painters and the clay mills on the ground floor. On the first floor is the potters’ loft, on the second floor the tilers’ loft. The huge kiln extends through the three floors.